That was an awesome first week of training! Congratulations to all! We are all pumped for this upcoming XC season and, fingers crossed, the entire athletic year.
However, moving forward we must be mindful of the threat COVID-19 presents to our health. Because of our large numbers gathering prior to the start of workouts, we are asking that athletes, with help from their parents, follow the Safe Running Practices below.
- Wear a mask when not running (prior to your w/u on arrival & following the completion of your c/d).
- Stay at least 2 meters from others, preferably more.
- If running behind another athlete, a minimum of 10 meters separation should be maintained.
- Personal backpacks, clothing and water bottles to be placed 2 meters apart.
- No body contact or high fives.
You will notice on the club website a COVID-19 Information link on the top right. The drop down menu has a link to a CTAC Health Screen Google Form. Moving forward, we will use this procedure exclusively, replacing the current check-in on site with parent volunteers. Please familiarize yourself with the process and if you wish, I invite you to use it for Monday’s workout.
Construction of the Eglinton Crosstown continues, as we all know, it’s a traffic nightmare! If you have to use Eglinton traveling east from Laird to Leslie, I recommend you leave yourself plenty of time. Alternatively, you could take Bayview to the hospital entrance and drive down the hill towards the dog park. Or, park your car near Sutherland at Glenvale and walk through the Rehab Institute, down the hill.
Club registration is now open. Please go to centraltorontoac.ca